The Friends of the South End Library appreciates your support to our beloved library and park, continuous programming and ongoing renovations. Become a FOSEL member or contribute to our capital campaign and help us support the best institution in town: your neighborhood branch.
General MEMBERSHIP Support
- A speaker series that has brought prize-winning authors to our library
- Summer jazz and blues concerts in Library Park
- The famous annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Financial help for programs as requested by the library staff
- Refurbishing of draperies, carpeting, circulations desk and furniture
- Attractive window installations by local artists, creative entrepreneurs and non-profit institutions for the enjoyment of the community
- Maintenance, weeding and watering of surrounding tree walls and Library park
- a state-of-the-art power and network infrastructure
- a beautifully renovated children’s area
- a new dedicated space just for teenagers
- a centrally located circulation desk
- multiple seating arrangements for adults
- wired tall tables for quick computer checks
- a new “browsing wall” for periodicals/newspapers
- new offices and lunch room for our library staff
- a space for display of local history
- a flexible space for conferences and tutoring
To make a donation on-line, please click the button above.
To donate by check, please make it out to Friends of the South End Library (FOSEL) and mail it to:
c/o Barbara Sommerfeld, Treasurer
150 W. Concord Stret
Boston, MA 02118
All your contributions to FOSEL are fully tax deductible. Our EIN # is 26-2025971.
Please donate to your local library as generously as you can.