Friends of the South End Library regularly sponsor local authors to present and read their works.
Posts from the ‘South End Writes’ Category
- 0The South End Writes Speaker Series Continues with Romance Novelist Saundra MacKay (Tuesday April 12); Acclaimed China Specialist Ross Terrill (Tuesday April 26); “Bottomlands” Novelist Michelle Hoover (Tuesday, May 3); “Ask Dog Lady” Monica Collins (Tuesday, May 31) and Bestselling “Those Who Saved Us” Author Jenna Blum (Tuesday, June 24)
- 0A Book Talk by Professor Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot about “Exits: The Endings that Set us Free” Brings on Questions about Youth Violence, Parents’ Fears and How to Console Grieving Children
- 0Author Paul McLean Will Talk About His Book “Blood Lines: Fatherhood, Faith and Love in the Time of Stem Cells,” Describing the Transformative Fight for the Life of His Child, Struck by an Often-fatal Blood Disorder, Tuesday, April 5 at 6:30 PM
- 0Acclaimed Harvard Sociologist and South End Resident, Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot, Will Talk About Her Most Recent Book, “Exits: The Endings That Set Us Free,” Tuesday, March 8 at 6:30 PM
- 0Boston Globe Spotlight Reporter Steve Kurkjian Wants to Know “How We Can Get Boston to Feel The Loss” and “Rally the Troops” to Recover the 13 Irreplaceable Works of Art Stolen From the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in 1990, a Treasure Valued at Half a Billion Dollars