Friends of the South End Library regularly sponsor local authors to present and read their works.
Posts from the ‘South End Writes’ Category
- 0Ross Terrill’s Lens on China Past and Present Tells Him The “Tightening Up” by President Xi Jinping Reflects a Real Clash Between U.S. and the People’s Republic’s Interests Over the Question, “Can There Be Economic Freedom Without Political Freedom?”
- 0Iowa-born and Boston-based Author Michelle Hoover Will Read from her Acclaimed Second Novel, “Bottomlands,” on Tuesday, May 3rd, at 6:30 PM at the South End Library
- 0Acclaimed China Expert –and South End Resident– Ross Terrill Focuses His Lens on Our Second-largest Trading Partner, Oft-time Adversary, Strategic Friend, and Blessed Student Pipeline for Our Needy High Schools and Colleges, Tuesday, April 26, at 6:30 PM
- 0The South End Writes Speaker Series Continues with Romance Novelist Saundra MacKay (Tuesday April 12); Acclaimed China Specialist Ross Terrill (Tuesday April 26); “Bottomlands” Novelist Michelle Hoover (Tuesday, May 3); “Ask Dog Lady” Monica Collins (Tuesday, May 31) and Bestselling “Those Who Saved Us” Author Jenna Blum (Tuesday, June 24)
- 0A Book Talk by Professor Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot about “Exits: The Endings that Set us Free” Brings on Questions about Youth Violence, Parents’ Fears and How to Console Grieving Children