Friends of the South End Library regularly sponsor local authors to present and read their works.
Posts from the ‘South End Writes’ Category
- 0Virginia Pye, Reading from Her Second Novel, “Dreams of the Red Phoenix,” Describes the Archives of Her Grandparents, Missionaries in North China, as the Inspiration for Her Two Books, and the Next (Final) One, Still in Progress
- 0Boston Globe’s Spotlight Reporter Stephen Kurkjian Will Bring You the Latest Updates About His Book, “Master Thieves: The Boston Gangsters Who Pulled Off the Greatest Art Heist in the World,” Tuesday, February 9 at 6:30 PM
- 0The South End Writes Author Series Starts Tuesday, January 26, at 6:30 PM, With a Reading by Virginia Pye From Her Acclaimed Second Novel Set in China, “Dreams of the Red Phoenix”
- 0The South End Writes/The Library Invites Author Series Will Resume Tuesday, January 26 With Award-winning Writer Virginia Pye, Followed by Pulitzer-prize Winning Boston Globe Spotlight Reporter, Stephen Kurkjian, February 9
- 0From Landladies Who’d Evict You for Having Sex with a Dog (“No Dogs Allowed”) to the 1871 Art Heist of Fragonard Paintings and the BRA’s 1952 Destruction of Chester Square, Local Historian Russ Lopez’s Tales Captivated the SE Library’s Crowd