Friends of the South End Library regularly sponsor local authors to present and read their works.
Posts from the ‘South End Writes’ Category
- 0Acclaimed Foreign-policy Journalist, Stephen Kinzer, Will Discuss His Widely Reviewed Book, “True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain and the Birth of American Empire” on Tuesday, March 14, With an Introduction by WBUR’s OpenSource Radio Host, Christopher Lydon
- 0Suspense Writer Wendy Walker Will Be at the SE Library on Tuesday, February 7, to Read from Her Debut Suspense Novel, “All Is Not Forgotten,” a Psychological Drama Exploring the Use of Memory-altering Drugs to Alleviate a Traumatic Experience
- 0Celebrated Author Junot Diaz, Drawing a Record Crowd, Praises Libraries, Cajoles the Audience to Become Actively Engaged Citizens, and Reads a Vivid Passage from “Nilda,” a Story in His Latest Collection, “This Is How You Lose Her”
- 0The 2017 South End Writes Program Will Resume Tuesday, January 10, with the Acclaimed Junot Diaz, Author of the Award-winning Works of Fiction “The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao,” “Drown” and “This Is How You Lose Her”
- 0Dina Vargo, Author of “Wild Women of Boston: Mettle and Moxie in the Hub,” Will Talk About Her Illuminating Book Detailing a Parade of Reformers, Socialites, Criminals and Madams, at the South End Library on Tuesday, December 6, at 6:30 PM